At Loven realty we offer first home buyers the most comprehensive tools for buying a home. Buying a home can be an overwhelming process and emotionally draining. Finding the right home is not always an easy task.
Some of the tools:
- Personal interview to determine your wants and needs.
- Step by step explanation of the entire buying process.
- Arrange property inspections.
- Give you helping hand in obtaining pre-approval pertaining to your needs.
- Explain forms and contract of sale.
- Discuss whether to buy or rent.
- Give information and advice.
- Evaluate properties you are interested.
- Give adequate information about local suburbs you are interested to buy.
Few tips when buying home:
- Get pre-approval before you start hunting for homes, this will give you more negotiating power with the agent as you are sure thing and not a gable.
- Buy home in an excellent school’s suburbs, even if you don’t have children. This will increase your resale value as many home buyers have children.
- Before you commit hire your own building inspector to detect any potential problems.
- Get a realistic view of the neighborhood before you buy. Drive around suburb during appropriate time to evaluate traffic.
First home owners grant
The First Home Owner Grant (New Homes) scheme (the Scheme) was established to assist eligible first home owners to purchase a new home or build their home by offering a grant.
The grant amount is determined by the date of the eligible transaction. This is the date of the contract to purchase a new home or contract to build a home. For an owner builder, the eligible date is when the building work commences.
For eligible transactions made on or after 1 January 2016, the grant amount is $10,000.
For eligible transactions made between 1 October 2012 and 31 December 2015, the grant amount is $15,000.
What is a new home?
A new home is a home that has not been previously occupied or sold as a place of residence and includes a home that has been substantially renovated and a home built to replace demolished premises.
To be eligible for the grant:
- the contract date must be on or after 1 January 2016
- the home is a brand-new home
- you are over 18
- you or your spouse (including de facto spouse) have never held a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia prior to 1 July 2000
However, you may be eligible if you or your spouse, including de facto spouse, have only had a relevant interest in any residential property in Australia on or after 1 July 2000 and you have not resided in that property for a continuous period of at least 6 months.
- the value of the property must not exceed the First Home Owner Grant Cap of $750,000
- you have not received a first home owners grant in any State or Territory, unless subsequently repaid
- you need to live in the home for a continuous period of at least 6 months
- at least one applicant is a permanent resident or Australian citizen
- each applicant must be a natural person and not a company or trust.
If your contract is dated prior to 1 October 2012, visit the http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/fhog
If you cannot meet all the eligibility requirements, you are not eligible to receive the grant. If you receive the grant and fail to meet the eligibility requirements (for example, not living in the home for a continuous period of at least 6 months), you need to payback the grant. Failure to do so can result in prosecution and penalties up to $11,000.
If you are part of the Australian Defence Force and all applicants are on the New South Wales electoral roll, you may be eligible for an exemption from the 6-month residence requirement.
You can apply for the grant through your financial institution or directly through OSR (Office of Sate Revenue)
Applications lodged with financial institutions will have the grant available for settlement or for the first draw down on contracts to build.
If applying directly with OSR, the house must be complete and you must be registered on title.
Applications must be lodged within 12 months of completion or settlement of your new home. Your agent (for example, a solicitor or conveyancer) can help you lodge your application and documents with us.
(First home owners grant source: http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/fhog)
Customized Loan Programs: We can refer you to different home loan specialists mortgage brokers affiliate has the experience to get you a loan program that meets your financial needs best based upon the house you want to buy. They are skilled in creative financing to limit the amount of money you need.